Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall is here.......

Is anyone else excited about fall and the upcoming holidays?  This is my absolute favorite time of year.  It's still nice enough to be outside and cool enough that you don't mind being outdoors.  Granted, here in NC it's still in the low 90's and 80's right now but compared to 100 or higher temps that we have been seeing this is definitely the start of cooler weather. 

I foresee lots of baking and crock pot meals in the next few weeks.  Of course I will be guarding my canned pumpkin with my life since there is STILL a shortage.  If you use it and happen to see any while out grab it because by the time the holidays roll around and you need it to make delicious pumpkin pies it will be gone and no more will be available.  I've already started researching how to make it myself because I have a feeling that since this is 2 years in a row of a pumpkin shortage it will be gone quickly.

So on my list to do the next couple of weeks are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, homemade bread, crock pot chicken and potato's, crock pot roast, Halloween cookies and possibly homemade pumpkin puree.

Any suggestions on good fall meals/recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment