Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 10: Bread Day

It's that time again.  Time to bake bread.  Sad news, my mom made her own starter and is making bread again.  That within itself is not sad, just sad that I now have one less person to share bread with which means even more is left in my house!  I guess I will be sending loaves to work with the hubby.  I figure with the holiday and seeing more family I should be able to get some of it out of my house.  Don't forget it you need it that the bread recipe is here.

I decided to try something new with the bread today.  I planned to make all three loaves cinnamon bread.  My niece has been requesting more cinnamon bread.  I decided to experiment a little.  Normally when making cinnamon bread I make the dough, knead it, spread margarine on and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Today I decided to use a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon instead of the standard white sugar and cinnamon.  I was also EXTRA generous with the margarine.


With the second loaf I added another variation by mixing some of the brown sugar and cinnamon into the dough while I was kneading it.



You can see where it is mixed into the dough.  I then added the margarine and cinnamon sugar.  The last loaf I made as normal.  Here are the three loaves before baking.



And here is the finished product.


The one on the far left has a lot of the gooey butter and sugar mixture and I think that it may actually taste along the lines of monkey bread.  I'm going to test it out after it cools a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment