Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 12: Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

This time of year it's normally at least chilly.  Not so much lately.  However, I love homemade hot chocolate.  When I just want a little I will make the recipe on the Hershey's cocoa container.  Last year around this time I decided to make a mix so that I didnt' have to go through all the trouble of making a pot, this way I could just make a cup at a time.  I found this recipe on Hillbilly Housewife.  It's really fast to mix up and tastes yummy.  I did add only 1 1/2 cups of sugar because much more is a little too sweet for me. 

I thought after all of the over indulging from yesterday it would be a nice change of pace to make a snack item instead of a sweet treat.  I don't know about anyone else but I have 2 loaves of bread, 3 kinds of pie, part of a pound cake and then goodies left over from last week in my kitchen right now.  I NEEDED something that would not require me to eat!


I ended up with several small container full of the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment