Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 2: Cinnamon Rolls

I came across this recipe in the February 2009 Family Fun Magazine.  I found myself coming back to it over and over again.  It's a recipe that I have read and pull it out with the intention of making cinnamon rolls but either didn't have the ingredients or the mood left me as quickly as it struck me.  When I decided to do the Holiday Challenge I knew it had to be in there.  We are going to be a little nontraditional and have these as dinner.  I really liked the fact that they didn't have nuts, and had whole wheat flour in them.

Dough ready to rise.


This is after rolling out the dough and sprinkling on the filling.



I'm not going to lie, I measured the dough dimensions using a ruler.  Not to make it the exact dimensions that the recipe called for but to make sure that it was at least in the ballpark.  Then it was time to roll it up.



Here's what the cut cinnamon rolls looked like.



All I can say is that I am so glad I lined the pan with aluminum foil.  See below, the after baking photo.



I don't know why they oozed so much.  My husband suggested cooling the filling before adding it to the dough so that it took longer to get runny.  I may try that next time.  And finally the finished product. 



Overall they were really good.  I think next time I will go half and half on the all purpose flour and wheat flour instead of all wheat flour.  Like I mentioned before I don't know why the oozing happened but they still tasted good.  They passed the 3 year old test too, so I know that they had to taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment