Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 4: Donut Muffins

I found this recipe on Hillbilly Housewife.  They are so good, I always eat way more than I should.  Good thing I plan to give some away.  Here's the recipe.  Enjoy!

I decided to double the recipe today.  We usually devour them and I wanted to have enough to share with my family.  Here's the first batch cooling so that I can dip them.


My dipping station ready to go.



And the final product.


They are so messy to eat but delicious.  I just swept up powdered sugar and crumbs from little man.  He had powdered sugar on his forehead but it was adorable.   I won't lie, I didn't eat breakfast because I wanted to eat these.  I waited until the first batch was finished and the second batch was in the oven and had muffins and sausage for breakfast.  I will add that I had to devise a little system.  They are so good and I am usually so eager to eat them that I will try to dip them before they are cool and in turn burn my fingers.  So, personally it's better for me to make a double batch.  I use tongs to pull the first batch to a plate to cool.  While they are cooling I am spooning the batter for the second batch into muffin cups and by the time I can get them into the oven the first batch is cooled and easy to handle.  Then once the second batch is cooled I'm not in such a rush because I've already had my fix.  I know, it's so sad to admit that but they are so delicious.  I think that next time I will try baking them in the mini muffin tin without muffin cups and will then roll the entire mini muffin in melted margarine and the sugar mixture to make something similar to donut holes.  I definitely need to get as many of these out the house as possible.  Good thing I plan to take the baskets of goodies to my family tomorrow morning.  Doubling the batch made 26 full size muffins today.

No comments:

Post a Comment