Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 9: Zuchinni Bread

The hubby came home from work a few weeks ago and announced that all the employees who are working on Thanksgiving are going to bring in dishes so that they can still have something like a Thanksgiving meal.  As he's telling me this he says so I'm taking in the rotisserie and a chicken and I also said I'd make zucchini bread.  Then there is a long silence and he keeps looking at me.  I finally say, "So I'm making zucchini bread."  I got a sheepish, well yeah if you don't mind.  LOL  Boys. 


I got this recipe from my mother in laws cookbook.  She started making this in mini loaves in more recent years, which are great for gift giving and not too much that it will go bad before it can be eaten.  However, I don't have mini pans so it's two regular size loaves.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
2 c. shredded zucchini
3 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together the sugar, eggs, and add oil, zucchini and vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients.  Stir well.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The finished product.



The bread is delicious.  I only had to cook it for about 50 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment