Thursday, November 11, 2010

Holiday Challenge

I was thinking of giving myself a holiday challenge.  I made gingersnaps yesterday and was thinking about how I will be making loaves of bread today.  It got me to wondering if it would be possible and what would happen if I set a goal of baking/making something everyday from now through the Christmas holiday.  A lot of weeks I bake/make something at least 3 times a week so why not?  If I start on Monday that would be 6 weeks.  I think that's a long enough time span to see if I can do it and short enough that I won't go nuts.  LOL

My husband and I did a little brainstorming and made a list of all of the items that we would like to make/bake.  If you think about it, like I did yesterday as I made cookies, most things are good for weeks or can be frozen.  Ex: cookies, cupcakes, and muffins can all be frozen and still taste delicious.  I can make a batch and freeze at least half of it.  I was also thinking about making a goody bag/basket for my parents and sister's families each week with samplings of all the baked goods.  So each week up until the holidays they would get multiple cookies, muffins, cupcakes and candies.  I felt like that could be a fun holiday tradition to start.  I plan to sit down with the list and a calendar and plan out what to make each week.  I know that without planning this will NOT work.  Not only for ingredient planning but also so that I don't end up with 4 cakes in one week.  LOL  Starting Monday let the madness begin!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment