Friday, November 5, 2010

Super Doubles!

This week is Super Doubles at Harris Teeter again!  It's been a while I was happy to see it.  There weren't as many great deals as I hoped for but I was able to stock up on a few things.   
The best deals I got were:

Green Giant frozen veggies.  They were $10 for 10.  I bought 9 and had 3 coupons for $.60 off 3 so I ended up paying approximately $5.40 for all 9 after coupons which ends up being about $.60 each.

Betty Crocker boxed potato's.  When they go on sale and there are super double coupons I can usually get them for about $.50 a box. 

Martha White muffin mix- They were BOGO so $1.15 for two and I had a $.50 coupon off two so I paid about $.10 for both!

Boxed success rice was 2/$5.  I had two $1 off coupons so I got two boxes for $1 or $.50 each.

Triscuit triangle crisps-FREE- I received a coupon to try them for free from a website that I singed up for.  I also have a free Wheat Thins Stix coupon to use but of course they were out.

Yocrunch yogurts- $2 (on sale)- I had two $1 off coupons so they were FREE!!

I ended up getting several amazing deals that I added to my stockpile.  Sadly, I went over our $40 budget.  I planned to use two weeks worth of the budget so that I could take advantage of the really good deals.  Unfortunately, I even went over that.  :( 

Total Spent = $84.07
Total Saved = $66.79

Based on the amount of food and the amount saved and spent I still did well and we were able to stock up on a lot of side dishes.  I am hoping that next time a great coupon deal rolls around I will have the opportunity to plan a little better and only buy what I am getting for less than $1 and nothing else.  This week my husband's work schedule didn't allow for a lot of time for me to do in depth planning and I really wanted to get there early Wednesday morning before all the really good items were gone.  All I can do is keep trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment