Friday, December 10, 2010

Aldi- 12/9/10

I know that I have slacked off with the actual grocery shopping and menus lately and I am working really hard to rectify that.  Personally, I have let myself get a little slack with planning and being on top of our grocery budget.  I think after the first couple of weeks of the Holiday Challenge and being over budget I was just thrown off but to keep things going so that we can get back into our routine after the challenge is over I realize that I have to stay on top of the planning and working to keep out budget in check so that I can easily get back to $40 a week or less once I'm finished baking up a storm.  So expect to see more shopping updates and menu's.

This week I went a little over.  I planned to be slightly over this month anyway due to all of my baking but I had little man and the hubby with me when we shopped and a few extras were added to the cart like a frozen pizza and peperoni's for making flat bread pizza.

Sliced pepperoni
Polska Kielbasa
10 lbs. all purpose potato's
2 gallons milk
2 lbs cheddar cheese (2 blocks)
Whipped topping
Turkey lunch meat
Pepperoni Pizza (frozen)
2- 64 oz bottles of apple juice
Banana's
Romaine Hearts
2-2 liters of cola
3- bags chocolate chips
8 oz cream cheese
Pringles
Butter
3- 4 packs of applesauce cups
Powdered sugar
Brown sugar
Granulated sugar
Eggs

Total= $46.92 (seriously, not bad at all considering all of the baking supplies and the extras that were purchased)

Baking Supplies

Cheddar Cheese
Whipped Topping
Chocolate Chips
Cream Cheese
Butter
Powdered Sugar
Brown Sugar
Granulated Sugar
Eggs

Total= $ 17.68 (w/o tax)  that is for what I purchased for items in my Holiday Challenge alone--yes cheese

So without the Holiday Challenge we would have been well within budget even with the few extras that were added. 

No comments:

Post a Comment