Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 15: Brownies

Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with baking brownies from a mix.  I've made brownies that way more than I have scratch but keeping with the spirit of the challenge I wanted to bake my brownies from scratch today.  The recipe came from the container of cocoa in my cabinet( I believe that it's the store brand from Carlie C's).  

Brownies

1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. sifted all purpose flour ( I didn't sift mine)
1/2 c. walnuts (I didn't use any)

Cream butter or margarine, sugar and vanilla; beat in eggs.  Blend in cocoa.  Stir in flour and nuts.  Bake in greased 8 x 8 x 2 pan at 325 for 30-35 minutes.  Cool and cut into 15 squares.

 



I tasted a small corner and they are as delicious as the batter that I licked off the spatula and scraped out of the bowl.  What??  Everyone does that right?

1 comment:

  1. Heck yeah we all do that. I also love love love cake batter...especially vanilla or golden yellow cake batter...:-)

    ReplyDelete