Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 17: Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are a classic.  Simple and delicious.  I planned to make something different but after having a cranky child and not being able to make it to the store for my weekly shopping trip I had to switch up recipes.  Even then, I had to run to my parents house to get sugar.  More on that later.....

The recipe came from the bag of Harris Teeter brand semi sweet chocolate chips.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. granulated sugar (I misread and added 1 c. instead of 1/2 c.)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda (I somehow managed to completely omit this ingredient.  I was too worried about the extra sugar at this point.)
1 tsp. salt
1 package chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts (definitely did not add nuts)

Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and beat well.  Combine flour, baking soda and sat and then blend into butter mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. (I combined and beat the first few ingredients and then just added all the rest to them.  I generally do not separate and then combine ingredients unless it's a really advanced recipe that I have never made)  Preheat oven to 375.  Drop teaspoonfuls on a lightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. (I definitely made my cookies larger than recommended.)  Bake fr 10-15 minutes.  Yields approximately 5-6 dozen.

I ended up with about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.  They taste fine even with the extra sugar and omission of baking soda.  They are a little lighter in color than normal and the edges are a little crunchy while the middle is soft.  We like soft cookies so I generally bake mine on the lower end of the recommendation so that they stay soft. Overall very yummy!




1 comment:

  1. You're making me hungry! So delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete