Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 18: Peanut Butter Delights....or in our case soy butter delights

I love these.  They don't actually look appetizing but are so yummy.  I remember making these with my mom when I was younger.  Of course then we always used actual peanut butter but that is a big no no in our house.  This recipe came from a church cookbook.

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies ( as the recipe calls them....we always called them peanut butter delights)

1 stick margarine (I used butter)
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
3 tbsp. cocoa
1/2 c. peanut butter (I used soy butter)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts (didn't use any)
3 c. oatmeal

Bring margarine, sugar, milk and cocoa to a boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat.  Add peanut butter, salt, vanilla, oatmeal and nuts quickly mixing well.  Drop on waxed paper by  the tablespoon.  Cool.

All I can say is yum.  I love, love , love these.  So easy and quick to make as well.  They even taste really good with the soy butter.  If I didn't say anything I don't know that anyone would notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment