Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 20: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

OK the hubby and I went out for his birthday last night and by the time we got home it was too late to post the recipe so I got the pictures up.  The hubby requested this when we were planning and I decided that it would be a good birthday dessert.  I've made cheesecake before, but it was the Jello kind where you basically add milk and then chill it.  This was a little more labor intensive and I actually had to bake it!  AHHHH  The recipe came from the cookbook my mother in law made.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

1 1/2 c. crushed Oreos
1/4 c. melted butter
3 8oz packs of cream cheese
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. flour

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Combine crumbs and butter.  Pat firmly inn a springform pan. (I don't have a springform pan so I used a glass pie pan.)

In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Add the milk and beat until smooth.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.  In a small bowl toss together 1/2 c. bits with flour to coat.  Stir into the cheese mixture.  Pour into the prepared pan.  Sprinkle the remaining bits evenly over the top.  Bake 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.  Cool to room temperature.  Remove from pan and chill. 

*Because I didn't have the correct type of pan I had extra cheese mixture.  I ended up making two cheesecakes and baking each for about 30 minutes.  I kept checking since I knew they were smaller and would not need a full hour.  One with crust and the other crust less.  And below are pictures of the finished products.


The cheesecake is DELICIOUS!!!  I was really nervous because I have never made a cheesecake that I had to bake.  I will definitely be making this again.  Maybe between now and then I will actually go out and buy the correct type of pan.  If not, then I will make two crusts and have two cheesecakes again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment