Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 22: Fudge

I don't know about everyone else but in my family fudge was one of those things that we always made at the holiday.  Now that i think about it, why don't we make fudge all year long?  It's delicious and fairly easy...hmm I'll have to work on that.  But it's one of those desserts that for me screams Christmas.  Those are just some of the things that I associate with the holidays.  I don't remember what recipe my mom used.  I searched the internet and a few cookbooks and finally settled on one.  I ended up using one of the church cookbooks that I borrowed from my mom. 

Fudge

4 1/2 c. white sugar
1 large can milk
3 (6 oz.) packages of chocolate chips
2 sticks butter
3 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped pecans

Cook sugar and milk over medium heat for 6 minutes after the mixture begins to boil.  Stir constantly.  After cooking, remove from heat and add vanilla, chips and butter.  Beat until all chips have melted.  Add nuts if desired.  Pour into a greased pan or platter.  Place into refrigerator until hard.  Cut and serve.

I didn't have 4 1/2 cups of sugar so I halved the recipe.  This is definitely the recipe used by my mom or at least a very similar one.  It tastes really good and set very fast.  Mine is thin but that's fine since it's very sweet and rich and I do not need to eat much of it.

****Picture to come soon.  There seems to be some sort of problem with the server and it will not allow me to load the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Fudge has always been a holiday treat in my family too, and you're right, why don't we make it during the year? :-)

    ReplyDelete