Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 25: Snickerdoodles

So today was another cookie request made by my niece.  I've never eaten these much less made them before.  The recipe came from my Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.


Snickerdoodles


1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon


Beat butter.  Add sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar.   Beat until combined.  Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.  Beat in flour.  Cover and chill 1 hour.


Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls.  Roll balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Bake at 375 for 10-11 , minutes until edges are golden.


My pictures won't load.  I'll try again tomorrow.  The cookies are really good.  As my cousin said, they taste like the cinnamon twists from Taco Bell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment