Friday, December 17, 2010

Menu 12/15-12/31/10

So I've had this menu complete for a while now and somehow the time got away from me.  I glanced at the calendar this morning and realized that I need to post the menu.  All I can say is that it's been a busy week.

12/15- Grilled pork chops, green beans and homemade mac and cheese
12/16- Ummm....lol nothing sounded good so my cousin and I concocted a sweet bread using a loaf of cinnamon bread, brown sugar, butter, caramel candy and chocolate chips.  It was delicious but not nutritious.
12/17- Leftovers
12/18- Stromboli (mine will be chicken and mixed veggies with a cheddar cheese sauce)
12/19- Family Christmas Party!
12/20- Chicken and Pastry with veggies
12/21- Steak, baked potato and broccoli
12/22- Cheesy chicken, rice and veggies
12/23- Leftovers
12/24- Soup and baked potato's
12/25- Family Dinner
12/26- Chicken wraps with fruit
12/27-Kielbasa and rice with mixed veggies
12/28- Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes with turkey bacon and fruit
12/29- Fried chicken, mashed potato's and green beans
12/30- Vacation
12/31- Vacation

A few items from earlier this month were skipped due to not being home or just not sounding good at the time so they were added back into the menu.  We have two family functions that will cover dinner and then will be visiting friends for the New Year and have not worked out the details of meals.

Now I need to get cracking on January's menu!  I would like to work on planning breakfast and lunch for little man and I too.  I think it would make the day easier, he would get more variety and we would eat healthier.  One thing at a time though.  Maybe I will start by planning lunches and gradually move to planning all three meals.  I think he would be confused if I suddenly said here's what your eating all day long when right now I generally ask him what he would like for breakfast and lunch.  For the most part, and considering that he's 3, he does well and doesn't always ask for junk.  Yes he did want chips and cookies for breakfast but he had cereal and then a few chips.  He is usually very good about eating actual meals before getting a treat and he does so without throwing a tantrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment