Wednesday, January 26, 2011

But I don't want to...

That's the phrase that keeps playing in my head.  I'm sitting here looking at how gloomy it is outside and thinking about all of the things that I need to get done today and I keep thinking to myself...but I don't want to.  To my defense I did get up early and do two loads of laundry, unload the dishwasher, and make breakfast for little man and I.  Oh and there was a shower in there too.  But I keep sitting here thinking that I need to go put the rest of the clothes away, clean the kitchen, pick up the living room and then prep dinner.  But again, I keep hearing but I don't want to.  I guess this is what happens when you take a trip and come home.  It's hard to just go back to the everyday stuff.  It's so nice to be home and able to eat and cook real meals and sleep in my bed.  It's so hard to work up the motivation needed. 

However, I have a bunch of bananas in the fridge that were left in the car our fist night and froze and then thawed out and now need to be made into something since they can no longer be eaten normally.  It would be such a waste to just throw them out, not to mention it would be the same as throwing away money and I really try not to do that, so I have scoured a few of my cook books and came across a banana cocoa bar recipe that sounds really good.  I also have an avocado that I was unable to get to in time and is now mushy.  I'm thinking that I will just mash it into the bars as well.  I'm also trying out a new recipe for dinner.  We have made cheeseburger pie for years and I see recipes for other versions all the time but have yet to try one.  So tonight I'm trying out chicken and broccoli pie.  That being said, I need to get off my rear and get to it!    More on those after I've actually made and sampled them.

1 comment:

  1. This winter seems to be dragging on and makes it hard for me to feel motivated. Some good music always seems to get me going though. Can't wait to hear about the recipes!

    ReplyDelete