Friday, January 14, 2011

A Little Treat for Myself

So I love taking long, hot baths.  I'm talking the water scalds most people hot.  I, like most women also like the really good smelling bath salts and fizzy balls.  However, I just can't bring myself to buy them anymore when I know that I can make them for next to nothing.  I'm fine with using just plain Epsom salt but decided to look into making my own scented bath salt.  I've looked into this before but never followed through.  I had the hubby pick me up a big bag of Epsom salt and I looked through several recipes online before finding one that I liked.  I used the recipe found here.  It seriously took me all of five minutes to mix up the recipe and put it in a jar.  Remember the glass vegetable containers my mom gave me.  She also gave me a pretty jar that was at one time the home to a candle which now holds my bath salt.  I used lavender oil and eucalyptus oil in my salts.  I also added a little food coloring just to make it look pretty.  Here is the finished product.



I haven't had a chance to use it yet but am definitely looking forward to a nice relaxing bath.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I think they would make lovely gifts too. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how this works out for you because if it is a success, I am going to try it AND I think this would make for a FABULOUSLY FRUGILE gift! IF it works, let me know and I will post a link to this from my blog! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kassandra- I have used it and loved it. I will definitely not be buying it anymore. It's really nice because you can customize each batch to the scent you want based on what aromatherapy benefits you would like it to have. To me it was exactly like the bath salts I have purchased in stores. It even lightly tinted the water like they do since I added the food coloring. It's funny how easy and inexpensive it was to make and then to think about the price I have paid for them in the past. Let me know how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete