Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coupon Conversation with a 3 Year Old

On Tuesday as I prepared for super double coupons I was sitting on the couch going through my coupons and weeding out the expired coupons.  Little man snuggled up next to me and asked what I was doing and this is the conversation that followed.

Little man: Mommy, what are you doing?
Me: Cleaning out my coupons.
Little man: Are they tickets?
Me: They aren't tickets they help mommy and daddy save money.
Little man: So they are monies....
Me: They are like money because they help mommy and daddy spend less money on certain things.
Little man: Can I have one?
Me: Sure.
Little man: Thanks mommy.

A few minutes pass and little man has been proudly walking around carrying his coupon.  He has gotten a cloth bag and put some toys in it and tells me that he's putting his coupon in there to keep it safe. Then little man brings the coupon back to me and says, "Mommy, will you hold my coupon for me?  I'll get my monies later."

Well, I guess he got the gist of it.  He at least realizes that coupons in some sense equal money.  I'll have him helping me with coupons in the store by the time he's 5.  : ) 

1 comment: