Sunday, February 13, 2011

I have a secret......

I have been planning a Valentines surprise for little man.  Since he is not currently in daycare or preschool I thought it would be fun to have a celebration on Valentines Day.  I made a quick trip to Dollar Tree yesterday and picked up a red plastic table cloth, some Valentines themed cups, some balloons, red garland with hearts, Disney themed Valentines reusable stickers, and some candy treats.  I spent less than $20 and also picked up a Cars themed jump rope and some of the capsules that you soak in water and they become shapes.  There are a lot of Valentines treats that he can't have with his peanut allergy so I wanted to get a few other fun things for him.  So, once little man went to sleep I decorated the kitchen.  I am also in the process of making little heart shaped cakes from a box mix.  I'm going to make the cake in a pan that is larger than necessary and use heart cookie cutters.  I really hope that they turn out.

That is what he will find when he gets up in the morning.






Yes, I made hats.  I also found tiny balloons at Dollar Tree.  They came in a pack of 4.  It's flat and can be given as a Valentine and you punch it and then shake and it inflates into a balloon with a message on it.  I blew up two of them tonight and thought little man might want to do one so saved the others. 




And this is what they look like after all the hitting and shaking.

 
I will also be making red/pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and have a heart hunt planned as well as making a few Valentines.  I hope that it's a fun day for him.

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment: