Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stylish Blogger Awards


When I logged in this morning I found that Rachel at Young Adventures chose me as one of 15 to award this the Stylish Blogger to.  Thanks Rachel!  I was definitely surprised.

On to the first part.  I have to share 7 things about myself.

1.  My son is my favorite boy in the whole wide world and I tell him that daily.

2.  I love cookbooks.  I have quite a few and have recently ordered more from Barnes and Noble.  I also receive them quite often as gifts.

3.  I think it's fun to save money.  I don't like paying full price for something that I know I can get for less if I wait or have a coupon.  I'm probably one of the few women that doesn't like shopping.  Don't get me wrong, I like to go and look but I don't always buy something. 

4.  I met my husband Sophomore year of college.  We were married during our Senior year of college.  Yep, I got married while still in school.  I must be nuts.  LOL 

5.  Since I was a teenager in the 90's I REALLY, REALLY had a thing for Backstreet Boys and NSYNC.  Which I probably why I'm going to see Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block in concert this summer with two of my cousins and hopefully my sister.....if we can talk her into it.

6. I love to read.  I could sit and read for hours if given the opportunity.

7.  My favorite color is green.  

Now, onto the next part.  I get to pass this on to 15 of the bloggers that I enjoy and look forward to reading.

1. Balancing Beauty and Bedlam- I LOVE this blog.  It has a little bit of everything from frugal fashions, shopping at thrift stores and yard sales, recipes, and frugal grocery shopping.

2. Type B Mom Stays at Home- This is Courtney's hilarious take on everyday life.  I can always count on a good chuckle when reading her posts.

3. Penniless Parenting- I recently found this blog and find it really interesting.  Would I have ever thought to forage for edible plants...nope, but she did.

4.360 Lunch Boxes- I love seeing what finds it's way into the lunch boxes each day.  I get inspiration for healthy snacks and lunches for little man here.

5.  The Randomness that is My Life- My dear friend from college Jessica has a unique take and an opinion on everything.  She recently started a blog and while there haven't been many posts (hint, hint) when she does I am usually very amused. 

6.  The Finer Things in Life- I recently came across this blog.  It's filled with everyday life and recipes.

7.  Budgeting Mommy- Kassandra over at Budgeting Mommy has lots of great info on saving money.  She has recently been building a stockpile based on sales.  There's a little bit of everything in there from shopping and menu plans to frugal fashion finds.

8.  My Frugal Fun Life- I came across Sara's blog in my All You magazine a while back.  She is working on leading a more frugal and debt free life. 

9.  A Year of Slow Cooking- This site has hundreds of crock pot recipes.  I think she could probably take any recipe and turn it into one that could be used in the crock pot.  Try the Pumpkin Spice Latte.....yum.

10.  All About the Munsons- This is my friend Darlene's blog about everyday life with her family.

11.  Life from Scratch- I love Mary's healthy meals and glimpses into everyday life.

12.  Stay at Home Mom Plans- I love getting ideas on fun activities for me and little man from here.

13.  The Happy Housewife- A little bit of everything here from frugal living and recipes to information on homeschooling.

14.  The Frugal Girls- There's so much information that I get from this blog.  Great money saving tips and ideas.

15.  The Sisters Cafe- This blog has amazing recipes.  It makes me hungry whenever I look at it. 

Here are the rules for accepting the award.  Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this award.  Share 7 things about yourself.  Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.  Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amanda, you deserve it! It was fun to read more about you. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving me The Stylish Blogger Award :-) I feel special...and yes I know my posts have been rather minimal lately! I'm working on it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your award with me, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete