Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Super Doubles 2/16/11

What did I do today?  I got up at 6:15 a.m., voluntarily I might add, to try to be at Harris Teeter around 7:00 am when the super doubles sale began.  This is the first time that I have ever tried to be there when the sale starts.  Why did I do this?  Because yesterday afternoon when the preview of the ad was released on Southern Savers it was a really good ad.  The usual deals were on there and then some.  I sat down with my printed list and coupons after little man went to bed and got today's trip mapped out.  Yes I said today's trip.  Since I have so many coupons right now I plan to stock up on a few of the staple items that we like, such as yogurt, rice, salsa, and cheese and a few of the items that we wouldn't necessarily get unless they were on sale, like Pepsi products (buy 2 get 3 free), salad dressing, muffin mix, and ice cream.

A little boy was super excited when I came home with Scooby Doo fruit snacks so I didn't get a chance to take a picture before everything was put away.  Here are some of the great deals I snagged today.

Pepsi- 5 2-Liter bottles B2G3
Ended up being about $.76 each
Rang up at $1.89 each and 3 were subtracted

Harris Teeter Shredded Cheeses B1g1
Ended up being $2.65/2 or $1.33 each

Angus Boneless Chuck Roast B1G1
Paid $11.20 for 2 or approximately $ 5.60 each
** We cut each roast in half and will get 4 meals from this deal making the roast per meal cost about $2.80

Lean Stew Meat B1G1
Paid approximatley $5.10/ pack
**We split each pack of stew meat into 3 smaller packs meaning that we will get 6 meals from this purchase.  That makes the price per meal for this meat approximately $1.70.

Baby Back Ribs B1G1
Paid about $10.30/pack
** This is going to be 2 meals for us since we only cook one pack at a time.  Ribs are a more expensive thing to buy but we only buy them when they are on sale and making them ouselves it still works out to be cheaper than a rib meal if we were to go out to eat.

Ken's Salad Dressing $3.98 for 2
Coupon for $1 off 2 (doubled)
Paid: $1.98/2 or $.99 each

Chi Chi's Salsa B1G1
Purchased 1 @ $1.49 and used coupon for $.50 off 1
Paid $.49

Krusteaz Muffin Mix B1G1
Purchased 1 @ $1.49 and used coupon for $.50 off 1
Paid $.49

Danimals Smoothie Drinks 2/$4
Bought 2 for $4 and used 2 $.50 off 1 coupons
Paid $2 for 2 or $1 each

Activia Yougurt Desserts 2/$4
Bought 2 for $4 and used 2 $1 off 1 coupons
= FREE

Danactive Drinks 2/$4
Bought 2 for $4 and used 2 $1 off 1 coupons
= FREE

Oscar Meyer Lunchmeat 2/$5
Bought 2 for $5 and used 2 $1 off 1 coupons
Paid $.50/pack

Green Giant Frozen Veggies 10/$10
Bought 2 for $2 and used a $.50 on 2 coupon
Paid $1 for both

Uncle Bens's Boil in Bag Rice $2
Bought 2 and used 2 $1 off 1 coupons
= FREE

General Mills Milk and Cereal Bars $2.00
Bought 1 @ $2.00 and used coupon for $.50 off 1
Paid $1

Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks $2
Bought 2 boxes @ $4 and used $.50 on 2
Paid $3 or $1.50/box (not the best deal but little man LOVES them, he jumped up and down when I handed him a box)

Total Spent $122.78
Coupons Tendered this order $105.38
Total VIC savings this order $73.71

I purchased fresh items as well and other items that we needed but were not on sale.  I also found a package of reduced bonelss pork chops for $8.58 for 8 chops.  Not a bad deal and we were all out.  As you can see we needed meat.  There is also chicken breast on sale which I fully intend to stock up on, however they did not have them in yet as the truck delivering them had not arrived when I was there.  I'm glad that there were finally decent sales on meat because we were getting very low and I try not to buy meat unless it's a good deal.  I have been known to be completely out of a specific type of meat for a couple of weeks waiting on a sale that I like.  We won't go without meat all together but just certain things.  I really don't like paying full price. 

1 comment: