Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day!

So today has been a success, with the exception of a sugar induced meltdown earlier.  I've been really relaxed today with what I let little man eat.  We have lots of treats and he has definitely helped himself.  Right now he is cut off until dessert after dinner.

I was woken up to little man saying, "Mommy, what's all that stuff in the kitchen?"  After we got up and I explained that it was Valentines Day he said, "I love it!" "I'm so excited!"  Here was breakfast.




The chocolate covered cake hearts I made last night.



Cakes that I made for dessert that I cut out in different sized heart cookie cutters, stacked and frosted with homemade cream cheese icing.


So after cutting out all of those shapes I had cake pieces and frosting left.


So I mixed them together.  I know, I know.  But it was cake pieces and frosting.  How bad could it be?  It tastes fine, but I guess the color had me convinced that it should taste fruity.  So I mixed in a box of orange Jello.  Now it tastes fruit.  I divided it up into little bowls and have it in the fridge.  I'm sure it will thicken up when the frosting gets cold.  If the boys won't eat it I will.  I couldn't think of anything better to do with the cake pieces and frosting. 


Now its off to prep dinner.  The hubby and I finally decided on roast, carrots and potato's in the cast iron pot.  Yum. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment