Friday, March 11, 2011

Did you know....

Did you know that your supposed to refrigerate cookie dough overnight, or longer, before making cookies?  I didn't until I read this.  After reading it and seeing the amazing pictures of cookies I had to make a batch.  I didn't use the recipe listed but used one from my mother in laws cookbook.  I waited patiently and refrigerated the dough 12+ hours.  And you know what.......

That's where it stayed for 24+ hours.  I followed some of the recommendations from the article such as the refrigeration, beating the egg/sugar/butter mixture for 3-5 minutes and sprinkling salt on the dough before placing it in the oven.  I used table salt by the way.  I choose not to make the large cookies and opted to scoop mine out with a tablespoon measuring spoon.  That's generally the size I use for all of our cookies unless they are supposed to be smaller.  I noticed that the dough was much more like store bought dough when I started working with it and easier to work with because it was very stiff from being chilled. 

Here's what we ended up with. (I sent half of them to work with the hubby today though, I do not need that many cookies in the house, especially since they taste so yummy.)





I will definitely keep this up.  I liked the results and so did my family. 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! I had no idea it was supposed to be refrigerated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that makes sense but I had no idea either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Marinated' cookie dough is the best. Yum.

    ReplyDelete