Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My attempt at Pizza

OK, so I will say the words that make most people gasp and have caused me to receive many funny looks my entire life.  I don't like pizza.  And to add to that spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli or anything with tomato sauce.  I never have.  My mom tried over and over when I was little and each time I was brought to gagging until I almost threw up.  I still can't eat it.  If the smell is too strong and I am in an enclosed space with it I will feel nauseous.  Little man and the hubby love it.  They share pizza and are happy as can be. 

But I'm trying to branch out a bit and freshen up our menus.  I found a pizza dough recipe for the bread machine and am using leftover chicken that we cooked in the rotisserie, portabella mushroom and the tiny bit of spinach we still had.  It will be topped with mozzarella cheese.  No sauce this time.  Next time I may had a little homemade white sauce. Here is the finished product.




I also came across this article today when checking out Yahoo.  I decided to try my hand at the broiled banana's because it would be a while until dinner and I needed a snack.  It was super easy and fast to make, however little man was trying to smell them right out of the oven and burned his chin.  The poor kid screamed for at least 30 minutes.  He now has a red chin and at least one small blister....but once he finally stopped focusing on his chin he was fine.  The bananas tasted delicious.  I did eat mine cold due to playing doctor for little man's burn but I think they would be even better warm.  I can't wait to try again when I might actually get to eat it warm.  All the more reason to eat bananas.  Not only are they an inexpensive fruit, they keep you full for longer and boost your metabolism.  I'm game.

2 comments:

  1. Both look awesome! Hope your son is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! He's ok. It's right under his chin and was hurting. Once I got him calmed down a bit I was able to put some medicine on it and distract him with a popcicle. Looks like there might be a blister but it could have been way worse.

    ReplyDelete