Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is that???

I realized last week that there are several instances where I have been looking at menu plans on other blogs and thought to myself wow that sounds good, but I'm not quite sure what it is.  That got me to thinking about some of the things that I put in our menu plans that others might read and be like what the heck is she talking about.  So I'm going to make more of an effort to post pictures or at least remember to take pictures so that I can post pictures of the meals or at least a picture with the menu plan.


One of the things on our menu that I thought might be confusing are "gourmet" burgers.  I came up with the idea to make these after a dinner with the in-laws.  They had picked up burgers from the meat department at...I believe it was Fresh Market and they had different filling.  They generally had some type of vegetable and cheese mixed into the pattie.  After this dinner I told the hubby that I bet it would be really easy to make this type of burger at home.  So a few weeks later we picked up some portabello mushrooms and feta cheese and tried it out.  They were delicious.  I've experimented a few times with the fillings.  Mainly with the cheese.  I always use portabello's because they are probably the one vegetable that I can mix in that I like.  this past week we didn't have feta cheese but did have shredded mozzarella and cheddar.  So I did a combination of both.  Here are our burgers after they were pattied out.


Warning:  If you try this watch them closely because depending on the type of cheese you use it may cause the flames to flare up if you use an outdoor grill. (hmmm wonder how I know this...)  We've used a small indoor grill before with no major problems, mainly just the cheese sticking to the grill. 

Another thing that I make are the impossibly easy pies.  They use Bisquick and there are tons of varieties which can be found here.  They really do live up to their names.  These are simple and easy to put together and we love them.

Now that I've realized this I am going to make sure to post pictures of what we are eating more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment