Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gardening Update

Our garden is finally in the ground.  Of course I found out all of the things that we did wrong the day I was planting it when my dad stopped by.  We didn't fertilize/lime the ground, the tomato's weren't planted indoors weeks ago, there's still too much grass mixed in and so on.  The hubby had already tilled the ground and raked it about 5 times, and then I raked it again and cleared out more grass when I was planting.  I did dig deeper than necessary for the vegetables and mixed some of our compost into the ground below where the vegetables would be. 

The following morning little man and I went to check the garden.  As he's running full speed to the garden he stops, looks at me and says, "Mommy, where are all the vegetables?"  That same afternoon when we went out to water the garden he asked again.  I've been explaining to him that plants take time to grow and that in a few weeks we might see some vegetables.  So, every afternoon we have been going out to water the garden.  Today we won't need to since it rained earlier.  Yay for saving us water!  Now is the worst part, the waiting. 

I know that I have probably done so many things wrong and will not be surprised at all if nothing grows but I'm very hopeful that we will have at least one successful vegetable.  Knowing my luck it will be the tomato's since I don't eat them.  LOL

Our row of Spinach

Whole garden view.

And just for fun, a smiling Gus.

No comments:

Post a Comment