Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gingerbread Pear Muffins

To be honest, I wasn't sure how I would like these.  I've never had anything like them but I like muffins and I like gingerbread cookies so I figured it couldn't hurt to try them.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I don't know what I was expecting but they were different and delicious.  I found the recipe in my 3 Books in One: Cookies, Bars, and Muffins.

Gingerbread Pear Muffins

1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. light molasses
1 egg
1 medium pear (Confession, I used canned pear halves and since they were small used 3 halves.)

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Grease a muffin tin, or line with muffin cups.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.  (Lets be honest, I don't sift.  I put all of the ingredients I just listed in a bowl and stirred it with a fork.)
3.  Combine milk, oil, molasses, and egg in medium bowl.  Stir in pear.  Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. (Agan, I cheated.  i just mixed all of the above ingredients excluding the pear into the dry ingredients.  Once that was mixed up I stired the pear in.)
4. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
5.  Bake 20 minutes (mine took about 18 on about 325 but then again my oven is wonkey) or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan; cool on wire rack 10 minutes.  Serve warm or at room temperature.  (That makes me laugh.  They stayed in the muffin tin until I put them away so that I could use the muffin tin for corn dog muffins, no cooling rack involved.)

2 comments:

  1. Again -- yummy -- my daughter (4 years old) loves pears and gingerbread men/women… so this is going on the trying list. I have a blog too (new at it) called Don't Forget to Check the Pork Chops…. stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I hope you guys like them.

    ReplyDelete