Monday, April 25, 2011

Menu 4/25-5/1

Last weeks menu was, well.......let's just say not utilized as it should have been.  Did we eat takeout, yes.  But in our defense it was once and we used up the last of our gift certificates that we bought almost a year ago.  Did we eat what we already had on hand, sure did.  For the most part we ate what we had around here we just didn't stick directly to the plan.


I ended up using the last of the leftover chicken from our crock pot chicken to make a pizza.  It was delicious and different.



But, I am trying to stick to our menu's because they are planned around what we already have and using up leftovers.  Here's this weeks menu.  Hopefully we can stick to this a little better.


Monday
Breakfast- Cereal and banana
Lunch- Deviled eggs and fruit
Dinner- Grilled pork chops with roasted carrots and potato's, broccoli


Tuesday
Breakfast- Banana bread with orange slices
Lunch- Spinach and mushroom omelets (ham too if there's any left)
Dinner- Roast with salad and baked potato


Wednesday
Breakfast- Chocolate chip scones with smoothies
Lunch- Rotini with white sauce (leftover from our pizza night) with mushroom and spinach
Dinner- Grilled portabella with rice and spinach


Thursday
Breakfast- Banana bread and nutella sandwich
Lunch-Chicken nuggets, apple slices
Dinner- Out (the boys will be on their own, so probably pizza or soup)


Friday
Breakfast- Oatmeal, yogurt, oranges
Lunch- Sandwich's with fruit salad
Dinner- Out for Dad's B-Day


Saturday
Breakfast- Peach pancakes with sausage links
Lunch- On the road
Dinner- Friends Bar-B-Que


Sunday
Breakfast- Out of Town
Lunch- On the road
Dinner- Crescent dogs with green beans


As you can see, there are several repeats.  I'm hoping that we will get back on track this week.  




**Also super excited because Harris Teeter is doing Super Doubles starting Wednesday and I've been working on putting together my first ever coupon notebook.  I have finally graduated from the accordion file.  Not sure if there will be any deals worth going for yet.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rach! It's one of those things I kind of threw together using what we had. I will have to post the recipe, if you can call it that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nutella and have never tried it on banana bread…. that is going to change and right quick! Great idea. My daughter will love it. I agree with Young Adventures that the pizza looks delicious… might have to try that on our next homemade pizza night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- I'm also thinking that banana bread with soybutter would be good too. I guess I really do need to post the pizza recipe...lol

    ReplyDelete