Monday, April 11, 2011

Reasons I Shouldn't Shop Alone with a 3 year old

Little man and I ran some errands this morning while the hubby rested before going in to work.  I try to have the hubby with me or leave little man with the hubby when grocery shopping.  It's usually faster and I spend less money.  Today was a fail.  We started off very successful.  Little man was being a great listener and we ran to the library to pick up a book I requested, stopped by the shoe store to replace a pair of shoes (I really don't know how he managed to loose a shoe, we think that he threw it away...), and then hit Wal Mart.  We only needed a handful of things so instead of driving 20 minutes to Aldi I opted to drive 10 to Walmart.

I had about 3 coupons that I intended to use.  They went into my pocket like always.  Even though little man was being awesome he was still very distracting.  I realized on the way home that I never used the coupons, they were still in my pocket.  Fail 1.

As I'm unpacking the groceries and putting my coffee away I realized I bought regular coffee.  Did I mention that I've been drinking decaf for the past....oh two months or more.  Fail 2. 

Obviously, it was not my day.  I got a lot accomplished and all while keeping a little boy happy and in good spirits but I had a few hiccups along the way.  Now I remember why I shop alone whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment