Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gardening Update!

Our garden is continuing to grow. I'm really excited about the progress. Due to the weather I went a while without weeding. I was still watering the garden on days when no rain was in the forcast and that made for a weedy mess. Yesterday I gave in and spent an hour and a half in the garden weeding. Is it perfect? Nope. But it does look much better. Here's a peek at the progress of our plants and my little dent in weeding.

Here are the before pictures.

Cucumbers

More Cucumbers

Zucchini

Watermelon

Spinach

Tomato

After some hard work, I am actually sore today.  Here are the after pictures in the same order.









I loosened the dirt around them a little because I plan to mix in a little more compost.  I also think that thi spinach may be almost ready!!  I'll have to do a little research on that to be sure.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like it is really coming along well Amanda! Yeah!! Thanks for sharing the progress.

    ReplyDelete