Saturday, May 7, 2011

Quick Update

So I've been missing this past week or so.  There has been a lot going on around here and just not much free time.  Here's a small recap.

1. Little man is having potty issues.  As in, he's intentionally holding it in.   He needs to go and is in pain and uncomfortable but won't do it.  After a trip to the doctor and x-rays of his tummy he is on two different things to move him along so to speak because he is VERY backed up.

2.  Its been a few days and little man is still holding it in.  We've gotten 2 poops out of him in 4 days.  Normally he goes a minimum of once per day.  Even with about 4 days worth of medicine he's not going and is starting to hold his pee again.

3. Oh did I mention that while holding his pee and poop he's also lowered his intake of food and fluids.  We are pushing fluids to help move things along but yesterday all we could get him to drink was 2 cups of apple juice, 1 carpison, and about 4 oz of soda....from 7 am-7-30 pm.  No where near his normal intake.

4. I'm in a wedding tomorrow and have been running around getting last minute things that I need.  I will be doing more running today between the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

5.  Last, most definitely not least, I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  I've been exhausted and crash onto the couch as soon as little man goes down.  That would be why our menu's have been thrown out the window the past couple of weeks.  I'm exhausted and going with the lets eat what is easy and sounds good come dinner time.  Usually this happens when it's just little man and I.  When the hubby's here he can cook.  Plus, some days certain things make me feel nauseous.  I'm lucky to have never experienced more than that with little man and so far I haven't with this peanut.

So I am fully aware that I need to post menu's and do an update on the garden, which is still growing, but it may be slow going.  I'm going to try to get some updates done next week and hopefully I will have some energy back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! that is awesome- is little man telling you anything about why he is afraid to poop & pee? Some children are afraid of the toilet & some children feel like there is a part of themselves that might be harmed in some way by releasing & relieving themselves. I would be interested to know if he'll talk about it. So sorry you've got your hands full. One more thing - because I have 3 little boys- I happen to know that for some strange reason- there are times when they will go outside & would otherwise hold it. I have one who doesn't like other peoples bathrooms but would squat & go behind a tree without hesitation. Boys are weird- what can I say? ! :) Hope he's doin better & you too! Isn't it funny that we can have major conversation about poop without knowing each other - just cause we are mothers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Court!

    Kelli- He will talk about it. He's finally peeing consistently again and the Mirilax has him pooping at least every other day. He is fighting it less and less. I don't know if it's a phase or what but he never mentioned a painful poop and all I could get out of him was that he had a bad dream. But he may have just been agreeing with me. I'm just happy that he's beginning to go semi-consistenly again and since he's been going every other day he has started eating better too. We just keep encouraging him and offering to stay with him while he goes if he's scared. LOL yeah it's definitely a mommy thing.

    ReplyDelete