Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What Happened Wednesday

With little man's birthday yesterday and being pregnant I have been thinking a lot about my pregnancy with little man and the things that have happened to lead me to where I am now.  I don't have normal pregnancies and because of that after this precious peanut is here that is it for us with biological children.  We may decide to adopt at a later date but for health reasons this has to be it.
I've debated on whether or not to share the back story here.  Yes, I'm in my 20's and have a healthy little boy with no miscarriages or loss of a child.  I am very lucky.  However, I'm pretty sure that the only reason I've been so lucky is because of what happened in May 2005.  But that requires a little back story.

The hubby and I met in college.  We attended Appalachian State University in the lovely Boone, NC.  We worked together and I was clueless that he liked me.  I just figured that he was spending all of his time at my register because he didn't have much in common with the high schoolers that worked there.  It never occurred to me that he liked me.  That is, not until two mutual friends told me that he did.

We started dating in May 2003 and were married in October 2004, during the fall of our senior year of college.  After deciding to get married, yes we decided we wanted to be married; there was no proposal.  We moved in together and a couple of months later were married.  Moving in with the hubby and then being married never felt weird and it didn't feel like I had to adjust, it was just natural.

Seven months later in May 2005 we both graduated from college.  It was around that time that I got sick...

3 comments:

  1. I've been MIA on the blogging lately. I'm sorry ha ha I will try to do better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Amanda! I must have missed your exciting news. I hope that this pregnancy is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete