Friday, July 8, 2011

I love a good deal!!

A few weeks ago I made a trip to Kohl's to buy maternity clothes.  It was a necessary purchase but I was not happy about the price.  Luckily, since it was during one of the times when you could earn Kohl's cash I did at least earn $20 Kohl's cash.  But as anyone who has ever earned Kohl's cash knows, it is only valid for a specific period of time. 

My dates had come into effect and I am also signed up for e-mails for Kohl's and have received several e-mails advertising clearance sales.  Then, over the past couple of days I began to receive e-mails with a 15% off coupon that was good on all items (regular, sale and clearance).

Boy did I find some great deals today!  Since I am due right before Christmas I have been keeping my eyes open for good gifts for little man.  I checked out the toy section and they had some sales going on.  Then I spotted this:


Little man loves Thomas and Lego's so I knew that this would be a hit and keep him busy for a while.  It would happen that all Thomas toys were also 25% off.  I rarely see Thomas toys on sale so I was super excited about this.  It was regularly $34.99. and rang up as $25.27.

I also checked out the clothes but was not happy with the sale prices.  I did go ahead and get this shirt because I love orange on little man and he will be able to wear it now and into the fall and winter if layered.  It was 50% off.  Normally $14 and rang up as $7.


I really wanted to find some additional maternity clothes but I'm sorry I just can't bring myself to pay $20 for a maternity shirt and that's the sale price!  I happened to be in the women's section with my mom and spotted an 80% off rack.  Once I began looking I realized that it was mainly fall/winter type clothing.  Then it hit me, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't buy from this section.  I just need to go up a size or two and focus on longer shirts.

I found this long sleeve shirt.  It will be perfect for fall with a tank top underneath and when it gets colder with a sweater over it.



Yep, I got an $18 shirt for $1.80.

I liked the color and length of this sweater.  Once I start getting bigger that means that it won't ride up and be too short which is a problem I've had with some of my other non maternity shirts.



Another great deal!

This is my favorite.  I have been a sucker for sweaters that tie around the waist for at least the past 10 years.  I love this sweater.  I normally go for black in this type of sweater but I am happy with this dark blue. 


And this is the best part.  Are you ready for it??

I got a $78 sweater for $7.80!!

I also picked up this book at checkout to add to the Christmas stash for little man.  It was $5 and goes toward their charity. 



So here is my favorite part.  Between the Kohl's cash and my 15% off coupon I spent $32.51.  My total saved was $159.61!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment