Sunday, July 3, 2011

Menu 7/4/11-7/10/11

It occurred to me last week that our tiny pantry is full, as is our big freezer.  I had already been planning to do a couple of weeks of eating from our pantry/freezers.  I figure that it will be a good way to get us back on track with our grocery budget too.  We haven't been sticking to our budget (I know, bad) but on a positive note we haven't completely reverted to our old ways.  Then I was reading a couple of blogs that I frequent and saw that they are doing a Pantry Challenge.  Just what I needed! 

So my goal for July is to buy as little as possible and eat what we have.  I know that I will need to buy milk, juice and eggs and some fresh produce.  I'm hoping to continue to get fresh produce from a local produce stand and the farmer's market.  I'm sure there will be things that we run out of, which is fine because the point is to use of what we already have.  But I will try to be better about posting the shopping trips so that you can hold me accountable.  That being said, here's the menu for this week!

Monday
Breakfast-Cinnamon toast with smoothies
Lunch- Sandwich's with chips
Dinner- Burgers/hot dogs with cucumber slices

Tuesday
Breakfast- Oatmeal with fruit
Lunch- Grilled turkey and cheese sandwich's with cucumbers
Dinner- Rotisserie chicken with rice, zucchini and squash

Wednesday
Breakfast-Pop tarts (little man and I have dentist appts- breakfast on the run)
Lunch- Chicken burritos (using up leftover chicken and rice)
Dinner- Grilled pork loin, green beans, and sweet potato's

Thursday
Breakfast- Granola with fruit and milk
Lunch- Crackers with Swiss cheese and apple chunks (sounds crazy but so delicious)
Dinner- Leftovers

Friday
Breakfast- Cereal with fruit
Lunch- Eggs with toast
Dinner- Cheesy crescent dogs with salad

Saturday
Breakfast- Wheat bagels with cream cheese/Nutella
Lunch- Sandwich's with cucumber slices
Dinner- Out/on the road for a shower

Sunday
Breakfast- Sausage and egg biscuits
Lunch- Salad
Dinner- Beef skewers with veggies and potato's

No comments:

Post a Comment