Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Mommy Kind of Saturday

Oops...forget to publish this last night!

This afternoon was fairly low key.  Little man and I ran some errands with my parents.  Which means that little man got a new toy car.....  Afterward we spent the evening with my parents and we watched little man spend over an hour playing with 3 buckets and a hose.  Yep, my kid is easily entertained.  Of course the water was on so he was using the buckets to fill each other and wet himself.  He LOVES doing this at grandma and papa's.  It is probably his favorite thing to do there.  Lastly, we picked blueberries.  A LOT of blueberries.  I've mentioned before that my parents neighbors have huge blueberry bushes.  We stuck to one side and filled two buckets in about 20 minutes.  So far this season I've gotten 2 buckets from them.  It hasn't even put a dent in the blueberries on their bushes.  The funny thing is,  they do nothing to them.  No fertilizer, no bug sprays they just cut them back every couple of years.  As kids we climbed inside of them and picked because they are so tall.  I'm guilty of  eating as I pick. 

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Do you make anything with them Amanda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel- Yes! I make blueberry muffins, blueberry banana bread, blueberry baked oatmeal, blueberry pancakes, and I am going to try my hand at my first blueberry pie this week. I wash them and then freeze. I did keep some out for the pie but when I need them for baking I just use them frozen.

    ReplyDelete