Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Food Prices

It's not a shock to anyone that the price of food has been on the rise.  We all know this and see it reflected in stores and on our grocery totals.  Over the past few months I've noticed that I either don't have much left over after shopping or I go over my budgeted $40.  I know that prices on some of our staple items have risen because I remember how excited I was the first time we shopped at Aldi and I saw how low the prices were.   I've been shopping at Aldi for over a year now.  I have a receipt from 7/17/10 and a receipt from this past week 9/24/11 and look at the differences.



Then
Now
Gallon Milk
$2.79
$3.35
64 oz Apple Juice
$1.19
$1.49
Bread
$1.19
$1.29
Eggs
$.89
$1.55



Those are just a few things that we buy where I have noticed a change.  I know that if I sat down and made a chart of everything we have ever purchased at Aldi there would be many more items that have increased in price.  For our area Aldi tends to have some of the better prices and seeing the increase here makes me wonder what the increase has been like at other grocery stores.  This actually has be wondering if we need to adjust our food budget.  I'm not talking about doubling it or anything drastic, just $5-10.  We have been doing ok with $40 a week but I have noticed that it has not been going quite as far.  Anyone else having the same problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment