Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Menu 9/12-9/18

I finally made a menu.  I filled in breakfast and lunch on my version because I thought it would at least give me inspiration or something to look forward to but so far I haven't really stuck to breakfast and lunch.  Dinner has been a success though.  In general I have managed to stay on track.  It's an improvement and I'm happy with that for now. 

So here are our dinner plans for the week.

Monday- Ribs, eggplant chips (they weren't on the original menu but after getting a pretty eggplant at the farmers market I couldn't resist), cheesy bread

Tuesday- Steak, green beans, leftover cheesy bread ( I so need to post about this.  I found the recipe on pinterest and it's like the pizza place cheese bread....so delicious)

Wednesday- Baked chicken, rice, broccoli and steamed carrots

Thursday- Leftovers/Sandwich's

Friday- Cheeseburgers, fries and apple slices

Saturday- Baked salmon, rice and eggplant chips( need to use the rest up before it goes bad)

Sunday- Probably at the parents.  We usually spend the day with them.

3 comments:

  1. Eggplant chips...I'm really interested!! Happy early birthday, hope all is well Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel- They aren't complicated and I don't know if they are actually chips but that's what I call them. I just slice the eggplant thin, coat it in cornstartch, dip in a beaten egg, then dip in breadcrumbs and fry in oil until both sides are brown. I do that with zucchini as well. You can also use a batter to dip and deep fry the slices in. Either way is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good, I love eggplant! I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete