Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Aldi 10/4/11

I am finally getting back in the swing of things.  I got my butt handed to me when I checked out budget last week and saw how ridiculously over we were.  So I'm going to get back to posting our grocery trips.  This is a way for me to be held accountable.  We still have plenty of meat from our bundle so unless there's a sale we won't be purchasing much meat.  He's a recap of our trip to Aldi yesterday.

2- 2 Liter cola $.59 each
Baking Cocoa $2.29
64 oz. Apple Juice $1.49
2- Boxes Baking Soda $.49 each
32 oz. Vanilla Yogurt- $1.99
1 lb. turkey lunch meat $3.29
Seasoned French Fries $1.89
4 pk Sparkling Water $1.69
Lemon Juice $1.79
Hot Dog Buns $.89
Spinach $1.69
Variety Pack Donuts $1.89
Six Cracker Assortment $2.49
Gallon Freezer Bags $1.99
Coffee Creamer $1.99
Milk $1.99
2.27 lbs Banana's $1
Peaches $2.89
Mango $.99

Total after tax $34.82

I could have gone less this week but there were a few extras thrown in.  Little man absolutely LOVES the donut assortment and it's one of the few store bought baked goods we have found that he can actually have with his peanut allergy, so.....I tend to let him have them when he asks.  Basically they are his bribe to be good and he gets a donut in the car.  I know, I know. 

The sparkling water is for me.  I have on more than one occasion in the past few weeks found myself dehydrated.  Not good for preggo.  Normally I drink water, lots of it, but the past month or two I haven't been able to because water is the one thing that gives me crazy heartburn.  I can drink soda all day long and be fine, have one glass of water and I'm miserable.  So, my theory was if this is fizzy water maybe it won't give me heartburn.  I drank one yesterday and worked in some regular water and felt pretty good. 

Also, the cracker assortment.  We normally buy a variety pack from Sam's but haven't lately.  I like having the sesame, wheat and regular crackers.  Well these do not disappoint and they have a cool flip top that reseals so I won't have to worry about stale crackers.  We like to snack on them, use them to make our version of lunchables and to have with soups and stews.  These are probably only around through the holidays, they seem more the entertaining type of cracker(not they they are particularly amusing but that they would be used when one entertains others).

I also am going to keep a log of all of our eating/food expenses.  I want to get a good look at what we are eating/spending.  I know that I will not be happy with our dining out amount this month because we ate out at two restaurants while out of town for our anniversary.  The positive side is that we used cash.  So that won't show up on our bank account but I still have the figures in my head and plan to include them.  I know that it's not a normal expense but I also don't want to forget that we spent it either. 

2 comments:

  1. The food budget is one area where it is so easy to go over, isn't it??? Great job staying on budget yesterday while still getting a few treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I have definitely noticed a change over the past 6 months of so with food prices going up.

    ReplyDelete