Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu 1/16-1/22/12

Since we are finally getting back into a rhythm here I wanted to make sure that I am menu planning.  Not only to help us eat more well balanced diets but to also use up the foods we already have.  I was really disappointed in myself when I cleaned out the fridge a few days ago.  It was terrible.  I threw so much unused and forgotten about food away.  We have also been on a smoothie kick.  Little man loves them and I can even toss spinach in there and he still gobbles it up.  We have been having them as snacks most days of the week.  This has at least allowed me to use up some of the spinach that is on it's way out that is too wilted for my taste but blended into a smoothie you don't even notice.


Monday
Breakfast- Cinnamon toast with bananas
Lunch- Leftovers
Dinner- Cheese steak wrap (using what's left of the meat from the leftovers at lunch....see I'm really trying not to waste it)

Tuesday
Breakfast- Muffins with yogurt
Lunch- Hot dogs with apple slices
Dinner- Baked chicken, corn, green beans and rice

Wednesday
Breakfast- Leftovers with orange slices
Lunch- Cheese, crackers and apples
Dinner- Grilled pork chops, broccoli bites and mashed potato's

Thursday
Breakfast- Cinnamon roll waffles with smoothies and bacon
Lunch- Turkey wraps
Dinner- Leftovers

Friday
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch- Grilled spinach and cheese
Dinner- Macaroni and cheese with broccoli/cauliflower

Saturday
Breakfast- Poptarts and fruit
Lunch- Chicken nuggets with apples and green beans
Dinner- Pizza Night (we haven't made our own pizzas/cheesy bread/cinnastix in a while)

Sunday
Breakfast- Oatmeal and smoothies
Lunch- Sandwich's
Dinner- Breakfast for dinner (little man's choice or at my parents....we generally eat there on Sundays but I don't like assuming so I always plan something and it can roll over if we don't get to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment