Monday, January 16, 2012

Playing a Little Catch Up

I've been gone for a while. It was not intentional but the more pregnant I got the more uncomfortable and painful things got for me. The hubby and I joked on many occasions about how this little guy must be bigger than his brother based on how I was feeling. Boy were we right. When little man was born four years ago he came in at 6 lbs 11 oz and was 20.5 inches long. His little brother, well he can definitely not be called peanut anymore and we lovingly call him chunky monkey.


Chunky monkey was born December 12, 2011 weighing in at 8 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches long. Not a tiny baby.




The past month has been spent adjusting to being a mom of two and adjusting to taking care of two when the hubby is at work. Little man has been an amazing big brother and loves chunky monkey and always wants to love on him. It's so weird how much chunky monkey looks like little man. If we put some pictures side by side it's hard to tell who we are looking at.


I have been working on getting back into the swing of things and finally feel like things are settling down. We have still been watching our grocery budget but after several weeks of deliberation have decided to up our weekly amount to $50. It kind of defeats the purpose of the blog name but oh well, the goal is still the same. I am hoping to get back to posting menus and shopping trips. Speaking of menus, I have become slightly addicted to Pinterest and searching recipes, crafts and homeschooling ideas. It's a great way to pass the time during middle of the night nursing sessions!

And to leave you with our favorite picture of the boys thus far.


2 comments:

  1. You can change the name of your blog. :-) Love the pics. Beautiful baby boy you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful boys! Glad you are back to blogging. I can't remember the last time I posted. Maybe I'll post soon ha ha.

    ReplyDelete